We exist to Reach, Teach and Empower people to become passionate followers of Jesus.
Belonging Together – Fulfilling Purpose – Offering Hope
After the bushfires of 1939 destroyed a number of churches in Warrandyte including the old Gospel Hall, Christians from Preston and Warrandyte connected to the Christian Brethren Assemblies came together to build a church that would seek to serve the needs of the local community.
The construction of the Gospel Chapel in Warrandyte commenced in 1946 and was officially opened in late 1948.
Throughout its existence the Warrandyte Community Church (WCC) has sought to serve the needs of the local community, which, through God’s grace and His activities, has seen the church grow from its humble beginnings to a membership of around ninety and a wider community numbering around two hundred.
We continue to seek God’s guidance for our future. As His people we hope and pray that we will be faithful representatives of Jesus as we seek to live out His Kingdom in our everyday lives.