Our KIDS HOPE team partners with Anderson's Creek Primary School in a life changing program to impact and serve. After comprehensive training, volunteers provide one-to-one mentoring to vulnerable children for one hour a week.
Five reoccurring questions about KidsHope Mentoring:
1. For how long would I have to commit myself for KidsHope? The commitment is for one year and it is up to you if you want to continue.
2. When can I start with KidsHope? You can start when you have had your mentor training, (which is comprehensive and takes approx. 5 hours), had your working with children check and when you’ve been matched with a child.
3. I have children/grandchildren myself. Why would I want to look after another child? Mentoring a child outside your own family with no emotional obligations other than to turn up and love them, is a totally different matter. This is such a great opportunity to do God’s will in showing Jesus’ love for His little children and have a tremendous impact in someone’s life outside your own family - in only one hour a week.
4. How would I be able to help a child if I have emotional burden to carry myself? Trust God!!!! Your life experiences and previous hurts can help them on their journey and God will help you in the process to bring you healing too.
5. If I am not a sporty/crafty/science person, what projects can I do with my mentee? It is up to you how you create your mentor hour, but to stay within the limits and guidelines which you will learn at the mentor training.